Week 1- The Newbie Blogger

Hello all, my name is Francesca, but my friends call me Frankie! I am a clinical massage therapist that works in the beautiful city of Chicago while earning my bachelor's in Management and Organizational Behavior. When I am not studying or working, I enjoy travelling to new and old places, serving at my local church, meeting up with friends for a good cup of coffee, and thrifting anything vintage!

Even though I grew up near an incredible city, Boston was my second home. We would travel there often to visit my grandparents so it will always hold a special place in my heart. My memories there are full of family, friends, and the best food! One of my favorite places to go is the Italian district, also known as the North End. I have fond memories of walking up and down the little cobble stone streets eagerly seeking out my next bite to eat. I have enjoyed everything from the peppered salami, fresh mozzarella, and roasted tomato sandwich drizzled with olive oil and balsamic vinegar, to the late-night cappuccinos frothed with cocoa and a side of cannoli of course!

In addition to Chicago and Boston, this past summer I was able to check London, England off my list of beautiful cities I had the privilege of experiencing! Although, the food was nothing to write home about, what London lacked in cuisine they made up for with their rich history. Some of my favorite memories included walking the grounds at Blenheim Palace and shopping around Covent Gardens.

This trip marked my first time in Europe and has inspired me to look into study abroad programs here at Benedictine. My hope is that soon I will be studying in yet another beautiful city before next year and to inspire my readers to do the same!
























Comments

Popular Posts